Join the millions of rooters worldwide who are making the Android devices truly their own.
Do you love your Android device, but feel like you’re not getting everything out of it you could? Written by Android expert, Jason Tyler, this book shows you how to take total control of your Android smartphone or tablet, regardless of brand name or release.
With the tools provided in this book, you’ll be able to customize your device to suit your needs and style, while maximizing its power and capability. In plain English, Tyler introduces you to the inner workings of the Android OS, walking you through the terminology and functions, from major file system nodes to basic OS operations. For the more adventurous rooter, Tyler provides links to key information on the XDA site that shows you how to achieve an even higher degree of expertise and capability. In no time you’ll learn to:
- Identify the right tools for any job on most Android devices
- Back up your OS, data and apps
- Modify your device’s ROMs or flash ROMs from other devices
- “Theme” the look and feel of your device to reflect your unique style
- Teach your old Android device amazing new trick
The ultimate beginner’s guide to Android rooting, XDA Developers’ Android Hacker’s Toolkit gives you the knowledge and tools you need to make your beloved Android phone or table truly your own.