Attention Windows 98 users! Are you having trouble turning off unwanted features in Internet Explorers desktop integration with Windows 98? Wish you could rename entire groups of files in a single step or print the contents of a folder? Frustrated that you can't use one set of bookmarks for both Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator? Then our new software for customizing Windows 98 is for you.O'Reilly Utilities -- Quick Solutions for Windows 98 Annoyances is the stand-alone software companion to David Karp's Windows 98 Annoyances book. This software provides immediate, automated solutions for many of the key annoyances described in the book, as well as other important new enhancements to Windows 98.If you are like most Windows 98 users, who want the operating system to perform better and be personalized to their way of working, then O'Reilly Utilities for Windows 98 is your solution. Developed in cooperation with Windows Annoyances author David Karp,O'Reilly Utilities allows you to take charge of Windows 98. You know better than anyone else how you want to use a new operating system. With its complete set of point-and-click tools, O'Reilly Utilities lets you adjust Windows 98 settings to suit your work preferences-- without having to manually tamper with the Windows Registry or track down obscure settings.This is the software of choice for Windows enthusiasts who have tried unsupported utilities, such as Tweak UI, and found that their limited functionality and cryptic control panels come up short. With O'Reilly Utilities for Windows 98 you can immediately improve your productivity with dozens of Windows extensions that make common tasks easier, such as group file renaming, file copying, and customizing the desktop. Even better, we've built programs into this package that solve some of the most aggravating behaviors of Windows and other applications, such as a tool for restoring your default browser, email, and FTP settings after a new IE or Netscape browser installation overwrites your settings.Worry-Free Registry Changes
O'Reilly Utilities delivers point-and-click solutions that let you customize dozens of important Windows 98 features without the worry of having to hand-hack the Windows Registry. And you can easily turn off any feature in the product that you have turned on.Unique, Automated SolutionsSome of the Windows annoyances identified in the book require software-based solutions. Until now, such software-based solutions were unavailable. O'Reilly Utilities extends the book by providing new, powerful programs that solve Windows problems no other software addresses.Convenient Point-and-Click ToolsWhile some users enjoy manually customizing Windows, others prefer the speed and ease of point-and-click tools that give them fast, convenient control of the operating system. The intuitive O'Reilly Utilities interface applies immediate fixes to many of the most limiting Windows 98 behaviors with just a single mouse click.Backed by O'ReillyFor problems requiring software-based solutions, many Windows users prefer the security of independent, commercially supported software over freeware solutions such as Tweak UI, which are not supported. Our software comes with extensive online help, and you get access to additional free technical updates on our Web site. If you want hands-on telephone or email support for O'Reilly Utilities, we offer high-quality technical support at affordable prices.System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 98
- CD ROM
- 16 MB RAM (32 MB recommended)
- 6 MB free disk space
FeaturesHere is just a sampling of some of the many powerful solutions included in the O'Reilly Utilities
package. Like many Windows users, you may find that just one of these solutions is worth the price of the application.INTERNET...
- Choose your default email program, news reader, and Web browser; specify which application is invoked in a wide range of situations. For example, tell Windows to open Eudora instead of a Web browser when you click on a mailto: link.
- Selectively disable Internet Explorer desktop integration: Turn off the various aspects of the Internet integration with Windows 98.
- Convert easily between Netscape bookmarks and Internet Explorer shortcuts: Share your bookmarks and Internet shortcuts between browsers using drag and drop.
- Recommended Windows settings: O'Reilly Utilities will help you fine tune your Windows settings and display.
- Optimize virtual memory: Change the setting of the Windows swap file to minimize delays and improve performance.
FILES AND FOLDERS...
- Rename files with ease: Rename entire groups of files in a single step.
- Print folder contents: Easily print a list of the contents of a folder.
START MENU AND DESKTOP...
- Hide control panel icons: Keep your settings from being tampered with by others who use your computer.
- Hide selective icons on the desktop: Reduce clutter on the desktop by showing only the icons you use, or none at all.