Like a lot of people, Miu has had trouble learning regression analysis. But with new motivation--in the form of a handsome but shy customer--and the help of her brilliant cafe coworker Risa, she's determined to master it.
Follow along with Miu and Risa in The Manga Guide to Regression Analysis as they calculate the effect of temperature on iced tea orders, predict bakery revenues, and work out the probability of cake sales with simple, multiple, and logistic regression analysis. You'll get a refresher in basic concepts like matrix equations, inverse functions, logarithms, and differentiation before diving into the hard stuff. Learn how to:
- Calculate the regression equation
- Check the accuracy of your equation with the correlation coefficient
- Perform hypothesis tests and analysis of variance, and calculate confidence intervals
- Make predictions using odds ratios and prediction intervals
- Verify the validity of your analysis with diagnostic checks
- Perform chi-squared tests and F-tests to check the goodness of fit
Whether you're learning regression analysis for the first time or have just never managed to get your head around it, The Manga Guide to Regression Analysis makes mastering this tricky technique straightforward and fun.