Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python will teach you how to make computer games using the popular Python programming language--even if you've never programmed before!
Begin by building classic games like Hangman, Guess the Number, and Tic-Tac-Toe, and then work your way up to more advanced games, like a text-based treasure hunting game and an animated collision-dodging game with sound effects. Along the way, you'll learn key programming and math concepts that will help you take your game programming to the next level.
Learn how to:
As you work through each game, you'll build a solid foundation in Python and an understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- Combine loops, variables, and flow control statements into real working programs
- Choose the right data structures for the job, such as lists, dictionaries, and tuples
- Add graphics and animation to your games with the pygame module
- Handle keyboard and mouse input
- Program simple artificial intelligence so you can play against the computer
- Use cryptography to convert text messages into secret code
- Debug your programs and find common errors
What new game will you create with the power of Python?
The projects in this book are compatible with Python 3.