Have you ever had to fill out and sign a PDF-based form? Or change the date on a PDF-based flyer? Comment on a document sent around your workplace as a PDF file? Scan a document to PDF and OCR the text? Smile's PDFpen 5 can perform these and many other PDF manipulations more easily than Adobe Acrobat, and at a fraction of the price. With clarity and humor, Take Control of PDFpen 5 explains precisely what you can do with PDFs using PDFpen and its big brother, PDFpenPro.
After a whirlwind history and overview of PDF, you'll take a tour through PDFpen's tools and navigation. With those basics taken care of, you'll learn how to:
- Scan a document to PDF and make the text editable with OCR
- Combine pages from multiple files into a single PDF
- Turn a Web site into a multi-page PDF
- Add or remove pages from a PDF
- Add a hand-written signature to a PDF
- Add page and URL links to a PDF
- Make a clickable table of contents for a PDF
- Use professional editing marks on a PDF
- Edit text within a PDF that was received in email
- Leave comments on a PDF document
- Remove sensitive or confidential text from a PDF
- Enhance the images in a PDF
- Fill out a PDF-based form
- Print just form entries on a pre-printed form
- Create an interactive PDF-based form that can collect data and send it to you via email or the Web
An appendix describes the many useful AppleScripts that ship with PDFpen.
This ebook was created in collaboration with Smile, with Michael providing feedback during the PDFpen 5 development process and PDFpen's developers tech editing the book for complete accuracy.