Go beyond basic Web browsing in Safari 5 with this definitive guide from Mac expert Sharon Zardetto! You'll find detailed coverage of new Safari 5 features like support for extensions and the Reader. You'll get essential advice on smart ways customize your Safari environment, and learn key browsing techniques, including how to keep track of where you've been, load multiple Web pages at once, search both the Web and the content of pages you're reading, fill out forms automatically, keep track of passwords, download files, use RSS to keep up with your favorite Web sites, and manage your Web-browsing history.
Read this book to learn answers to questions like these:
- How do I load six Web pages at once?
- Now that I've loaded six pages, how do I best work with them?
- How do I bookmark a page I want to return to?
- How do I import Firefox bookmarks?
- I'm a pack rat. How should I organize and access my bookmark collection?
- I forgot to bookmark a great page I saw yesterday. How can I find it again?
- How can I read a multi-page Web article without clicking to switch pages?
- How do I find the word "marshmallow" in the text of a huge Web page?
- How do I erase my history to keep my housemate from snooping through it?
- Where does Safari store Web site user names and passwords?
- Help! What do I do when a stored password stops working?
- How do I use Safari to read RSS headlines from different sites?
- How do I install the My eBay Manager extension?
- How can I turn Safari into a "clipping service" that grabs RSS headlines from different sites when they mention certain topics?