Master Mail in Mavericks and iOS 7!
Email is essential for everything from work to shopping to keeping in touch with family. Could you get anything done without it? In this book, email expert Joe Kissell helps you make sure Apple Mail won't leave you in the lurch, providing essential setup, usage, and troubleshooting advice, whether you use Gmail, iCloud, Exchange, or IMAP -- or more than one -- in both OS X 10.9 Mavericks on your Mac and iOS 7 on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
Along the way, Joe explains core concepts like special IMAP mailboxes and email archiving, reveals Mail's hidden interface elements, and offers tips on customizing Mail to your preferences (including the best power-user plugins for Mail on the Mac). You'll also learn how to find that message in the haystack, figure out how digital signatures and encryption work in Mail, and uncover solutions to numerous common problems. Perhaps most important, Joe shares his strategy for avoiding email overload; the article where he first introduced it won American Business Media's Neal Award for Best How-To Article.
Using the fully linked table of contents, Quick Start page, or other hot links in the ebook, you'll quickly find the essential information that's most important to you, including:
- Key changes in Mail for Mavericks
- Interesting new features in Mail for iOS 7
- Setting Mail's Junk Mail filter correctly and other tips for defeating spam
- Understanding special mailboxes like Sent, Drafts, and Junk
- Addressing email to multiple recipients -- and to smart groups
- Using notifications to manage incoming messages
- Turning on the much-loved classic window arrangement
- Customizing the Mail sidebar, toolbar, message header interface, and more
- Using search tokens AND understanding Boolean searches
- Joe's suggested smart mailboxes
- Taking charge of email organization with rules and other measures
- Keeping attachments problem-free
- 12 things you should know about iOS Mail
- Fixing problems: receiving, sending, logging in, bad mailboxes, and more
- Mail plugins that will improve your Mail experience
- How to decide if you should encrypt your email
- Detailed, real-world steps for signing and encrypting email