Master Mail in Yosemite and iOS 8!
Email is a necessary evil in today's world, but you can work more effectively in Apple Mail with the hard-won advice in this book, written by email expert Joe Kissell. You'll learn how to make Mail serve your needs with essential setup, usage, and troubleshooting instructions, whether you use Gmail, iCloud, Exchange, IMAP, or POP -- or more than one -- in both 10.10 Yosemite on your Mac and iOS 8 on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
Joe explains core concepts like special IMAP mailboxes and email archiving, reveals Mail's hidden interface elements, helps with common tasks like addressing and adding attachments, and offers tips on customizing Mail to your preferences. You'll also learn how to find that message in the haystack, figure out how digital signatures and encryption work in Mail, and uncover solutions to numerous common problems. Perhaps most important, Joe shares his strategy for avoiding email overload; the article where he first introduced it won American Business Media's Neal Award for Best How-To Article.
Mavericks and iOS 7? After you download this ebook, you can follow its Ebook Extras link to download the first edition, which focuses on Mavericks and iOS 7.
Using the fully linked table of contents, Quick Start page, or other hot links in the ebook, you'll quickly find the essential information that's most important to you, including:
- Key changes in Mail for Yosemite and iOS 8
- The whys and hows of sending attachments with Mail Drop
- How to sign, annotate, and otherwise modify outgoing attachments (such as permission forms or contracts) within Mail
- Setting Mail's Junk Mail filter correctly and other tips for defeating spam
- Understanding special mailboxes like Sent, Drafts, and Junk
- Using notifications to manage incoming messages
- Turning on the much-loved classic window arrangement
- Using search tokens AND understanding Boolean searches
- Taking charge of email organization with rules and other measures
- 14 things everyone should know about iOS Mail
- Deciding whether you should encrypt your email, plus detailed, real-world steps for signing and encrypting email
- Fixing problems: receiving, sending, logging in, bad mailboxes, and more
- Managing Mail's new "Automatically detect and maintain account settings" checkbox -- especially if it's causing a connection problem