Bring real business insights to your company through effective and engaging dashboards in QlikView
About This Book
- Build outstanding dashboards that respond to your company's information needs
- Present the data in efficient and innovative ways to promote insights
- Unleash the true power of QlikView by creating engaging visualizations
Who This Book Is For
This book is focused on QlikView developers with basic knowledge of scripting and layouts who want to improve their designing skills and build effective, eye-catching dashboards that deliver tangible value to their business.
What You Will Learn
- Build a comprehensive library of QlikView components to speed up your developments
- Define a practical roadmap that will help you build business-driven dashboards
- Explore the most effective and engaging ways to present data
- Apply the best practices in the field of data visualization
- Avoid common pitfalls when creating bar, line and pie charts
- Create robust visualizations such as heat maps, histograms and scatter plots
QlikView is one of the most powerful analytical tools in the market. Based on an in-memory associative model, it lets users freely navigate through the data, spot trends and make better decisions. This platform is capable of integrating a wide range of data sources like ERP systems, data warehouses or spreadsheets into a single application in order display dashboards with state-of-the-art visualizations.
Creating Stunning Dashboards with QlikView is an easy to follow handbook that guides you through the process of creating an effective and engaging dashboard that delivers tangible value to the business. It starts with the identification of the business needs and the definition of the main KPIs, and takes you all the way to the application rollout.
Throughout the book, you will learn how to apply some of the best practices in the field of data visualization, create a robust navigation schema, chose the best chart types for each scenario and many other things that will help you create effective dashboards that uncover all the stories behind the data.
Style and approach
This easy-to-follow compilation of best practices, tips, and tricks will help you leverage your QlikView developments. Each section presents practical guidelines to help you create dashboards that are not only functional, but also engaging and compelling.