Design, build, and test LED-based projects using the Raspberry Pi
About This Book
- Implement real LED-based projects for Raspberry Pi
- Learn to interface various LED modules such as LEDs, 7-segment, 4-digits 7 segment, and dot matrix to Raspberry Pi
- Get hands-on experience by exploring real-time LEDs with this project-based book
Who This Book Is For
This book is for those who want to learn how to build Raspberry Pi projects utilising LEDs, 7 segment, 4-digits 7 segment, and dot matrix modules. You also will learn to implement those modules in real applications, including interfacing with wireless modules and the Android mobile app. However, you don't need to have any previous experience with the Raspberry Pi or Android platforms.
What You Will Learn
- Control LEDs, 7 segments, and 4-digits 7 segment from a Raspberry Pi
- Expand Raspberry Pi's GPIO
- Build a countdown timer
- Build a digital clock display
- Display numbers and characters on dot matrix displays
- Build a traffic light controller
- Build a remote home light control with a Bluetooth low energy module and Android
- Build mobile Internet-controlled lamps with a wireless module and Android
Blinking LED is a popular application when getting started in embedded development. By customizing and utilising LED-based modules into the Raspberry Pi board, exciting projects can be obtained. A countdown timer, a digital clock, a traffic light controller, and a remote light controller are a list of LED-based inspired project samples for Raspberry Pi.
An LED is a simple actuator device that displays lighting and can be controlled easily from a Raspberry Pi. This book will provide you with the ability to control LEDs from Raspberry Pi, starting from describing an idea through designing and implementing several projects based on LEDs, such as, 7-segments, 4-digits 7 segment, and dot matrix displays.
Beginning with step-by-step instructions on installation and configuration, this book can either be read from cover to cover or treated as an essential reference companion to your Raspberry Pi. Samples for the project application are provided such as a countdown timer, a digital clock, a traffic light controller, a remote light controller, and an LED-based Internet of Things, so you get more practice in the art of Raspberry Pi development.
Raspberry Pi LED Blueprints is an essential reference guide full of practical solutions to help you build LED-based applications.
Style and approach
This book follows a step-by-step approach to LED-based development for Raspberry Pi, explained in a conversational and easy-to-follow style. Each topic is explained sequentially in the process of building an application, and detailed explanations of the basic and advanced features are included.