Build real-world hybrid mobile applications using the robust PhoneGap development platform
About This Book
- Get to grips with the usage of PhoneGap and its command-line interface
- Learn to use numerous plugins to access several hardware capabilities
- Step-by-step instructions on creating captivating mobile applications using popular frameworks
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Set up a development environment to develop PhoneGap applications
- Generate, build, and run applications using the PhoneGap command-line interface
- Install plugins from the command line to add native capabilities to your application
- Manipulate DOM using zepto and xuijs
- Develop a user interface using jQuery Mobile and the Ionic framework
- Get accustomed to using the PhoneGap Build service
This book gives you practical lessons on how to build a world class mobile application using PhoneGap. Whether you are a brand new to mobile application development, a web developer expert, or a seasoned mobile application developer, this book will guide you through creating hybrid mobile applications.
Starting with setting up a development environment, the book moves on to utilizing a new PhoneGap command-line tool, installing plugins, and designing your application. It then moves on to concepts such as file system, storage, and local database, the book effectively lays a solid base for advanced topics.
By working through the steps in each chapter, you will quickly master the features of PhoneGap. By the end of the book, you will be able to successfully build a highly functional, real-world hybrid mobile application using PhoneGap.
Style and approach
And easy-to-follow guide full of practical examples of real-world mobile application. Each topic is explained step by step with detailed explanations on each concept.