Create outstanding enterprise solutions around DocumentDB using the latest technologies and programming tools with Azure
About This Book
- Get to know the concepts of DocumentDB and learn to work your way around it
- Manipulate and query your documents using different modern technologies to access DocumentDB
- Build a real-life scenario using Microsoft Visual Studio and C# with this handy and practical guide
Who This Book Is For
This book is for novice developers and database architects who need a thorough knowledge of the features of DocumentDB and developing applications with it. Basic knowledge of SQL would be helpful.
What You Will Learn
- Create, manage, and configure your DocumentDB environment
- Execute SQL queries from simple to complex and nested ones against your database
- Get to know about advanced DocumentDB techniques such as scopes, portioning, indexing, triggers, UDF's, and security
- Fine-tune your DocumentDB database to optimize performance and costs
- Interact with DocumentDB from different technologies and platforms
- Build a real-life scenario using C# and put DocumentDB at the heart of Azure solutions
- Understand how to migrate from your current datastore to DocumentDB
Learning DocumentDB adopts a practical, step-by-step approach to help you learn the basics of DocumentDB and use your new-found abilities in real-life scenarios and enterprise solutions.
Finally, you'll get to grips with using DocumentDB in conjunction with other services offered from the Microsoft Azure platform.
Style and approach
This book can be used as a tutorial where you learn step by step, but also as a knowledge base to quickly look up recipes you can instantly utilize. Starting with the basics and moving on to advanced topics, every concept is explained in theory and demonstrated through easy-to-understand examples.