Get up to speed with Sails.js development with this fast-paced tutorial
About This Book
- Gain expertise in building web apps with Sails.js
- Develop apps such as real-time chat app and more in no time
- Helps you understand how MVC framework works in Node.js and how to make it work for you
Who This Book Is For
This book is for web developers who want to build web apps with Sails.js.
What You Will Learn
- Find out to quick-start Sails.js and develop production-ready apps
- Understand how to apply the MVC model of software development in Node.js using Sails.js
- Discover how to write quality code using Sails.js
- Integrate third-party APIs and databases such Mongo and MySQL in Sails.js
- Get to know the advantages and importance of the MVC framework in software development
Sails.js makes it easy to build custom, enterprise-grade Node.js apps. It is designed to emulate the familiar MVC pattern of frameworks, but with support for the requirements of modern apps: data-driven APIs with a scalable, service-oriented architecture.
This book will provide practical examples to get you started with Sails.js and get you develop production-ready apps in no time. We will take you from a Node.js web server and single threading system to a general MVC architecture. You will then learn to develop applications that you might be already familiar with using Sails.js. Finally, we will show you how to create a chat app and a to-do application, and improve code quality using JSHINT and JSCS.
Style and approach
This practical and easy-to-follow yet comprehensive guide will help you get to grips with the Sails.js framework. Each topic is explained and placed in context, and for the more inquisitive, there are more details of the concepts used.