Exploit the features of TypeScript to develop and maintain captivating web applications with ease
About This Book
- Learn how to develop modular, scalable, maintainable, and adaptable web applications by taking advantage of TypeScript
- A comprehensive guide that explains the fundamentals of TypeScript with the help of practical examples
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Learn the key TypeScript language features and language runtime
- Develop modular, scalable, maintainable, and adaptable web applications
- Create object-oriented code that adheres to the solid principles
- Save time using automation tools like Gulp and Karma
- Develop robust applications with testing (Mocha, Chai and SinonJS)
- Put your TypeScript skills in practice by developing a single-page web application framework from scratch
This book is a step-by-step guide that will get you started with TypeScript with the help of practical examples. You start off by understanding the basics of TypeScript. Next, automation tools like Grunt are explained followed by a detailed description of function, generics, callbacks and promises. After this, object-oriented features and the memory management functionality of TypeScript are explained. At the end of this book, you will have learned enough to implement all the concepts and build a single page application from scratch.
Style and approach
This is a step-by-step guide that covers the fundamentals of TypeScript with practical examples. Each chapter introduces a set of TypeScript language features and leads the readers toward the development of a real-world application.