Transform your Raspberry Pi into a multi-purpose web server that supports your entire multimedia world with this practical and accessible tutorial!
About This Book
- Host websites, games, and even stream HD videos with the impressive power of Raspberry Pi 2
- Get to grips with embedded programming by turning your Pi into the cloud server that can be used to power Internet of Things projects
- Make the Raspberry Pi 2 the center of your latest tech experiments and discover how it can manage and host resources
Who This Book Is For
Seeking inspiration for some new tech projects? Want to get more from your Raspberry Pi? This book has been created especially for you!
What You Will Learn
- Host your Raspberry Pi as a web server using the minimum power resources
- Connect your Pi to the Internet and perform network benchmarking
- Explore the cross-platform features of the Pi as you run Python, Node.JS, ASP.NET, and PHP all in one place
- Share files over the Internet using your Pi as a file server
- Turn your Pi into a game server, host and engage into playing
- Enjoy live HD video streaming and exclusive real-time text overlays
There's no end to what you can do with a Raspberry Pi – it makes a huge range of tech projects possible. This book shows you how to transform it into a multipurpose web server, able to store and manage resources that lets you build some truly innovative and impressive computing creations. You'll learn how to use your Raspberry Pi 2 to host a website using a range of different languages, host a game server, store files, and run everything from a media center to a cloud network. If you want to take control of your technological world, start building your own server and find out what's possible with the Raspberry Pi microcomputer.
Begin by getting your Pi set up – follow each step as the book shows you how to prepare a network and configure the additional features that you'll need to build your projects. Once you've done this you'll dig a little deeper and set up your pi as a file server, making sure it's built for speed using a range of different tools, including Python, Node.js and ASP.NET. Following this the book shows you how to extend your server to allow you to host games, and stream live HD video before customizing it even further to create a fully-fledged media center.
It doesn't stop there however – the book then dives into the exciting world of the Internet of Things (IoT). You'll learn how to install Windows IoT onto your Raspberry Pi, the operating system that's driving embedded software projects all around the world. Once you've done this you'll be ready to explore IoT further, as the book shows you how to use your device to host a cloud network that can form the basis of a wider IoT project.
Style and approach
Packed with plenty of practical examples that walk you through a number of Raspberry Pi projects, this book is an accessible journey into embedded computing and Internet of Things.