Improve search experiences with ElasticSearch's powerful indexing functionality – learn how with this practical ElasticSearch tutorial, packed with tips!
About This Book
- Improve user's search experience with the correct configuration
- Deliver relevant search results – fast!
- Save time and system resources by creating stable clusters
Who This Book Is For
If you understand the importance of a great search experience this book will show you exactly how to build one with ElasticSearch, one of the world's leading search servers.
What You Will Learn
- Learn how ElasticSearch efficiently stores data – and find out how it can reduce costs
- Control document metadata with the correct mapping strategies and by configuring indices
- Use ElasticSearch analysis and analyzers to incorporate greater intelligence and organization across your documents and data
- Find out how an ElasticSearch cluster works – and learn the best way to configure it
- Perform high-speed indexing with low system resource cost
- Improve query relevance with appropriate mapping, suggest API, and other ElasticSearch functionalities
Beginning with an overview of the way ElasticSearch stores data, you'll begin to extend your knowledge to tackle indexing and mapping, and learn how to configure ElasticSearch to meet your users' needs. You'll then find out how to use analysis and analyzers for greater intelligence in how you organize and pull up search results – to guarantee that every search query is met with the relevant results! You'll explore the anatomy of an ElasticSearch cluster, and learn how to set up configurations that give you optimum availability as well as scalability. Once you've learned how these elements work, you'll find real-world solutions to help you improve indexing performance, as well as tips and guidance on safety so you can back up and restore data. Once you've learned each component outlined throughout, you will be confident that you can help to deliver an improved search experience – exactly what modern users demand and expect.
Style and approach
This is a comprehensive guide to performing efficient indexing and providing relevant search results using mapping, analyzers, and other ElasticSearch functionalities.