Accelerate your code writing skills with over twenty programming patterns that will make your code easier to maintain and scale
About This Book
- Optimize your web application for production use
- Build views and controllers with minimal effort that will evolve with your application
- Learn how to maintain a MeteorJS project while it is running in production
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers who have already had an introductory course with Meteor. Basic knowledge of web development is recommended.
What You Will Learn
- Use of Jade, Stylus, and CoffeeScript to speed up web development
- Increase productivity by leveraging the best packages in the community
- Optimize your site for load speed with advanced publishers and subscribers
- Leverage the aggregation framework to produce results with big data
- Master the intricacies of front-end development using Jeet, Bootstrap, CSS animations, and more
- Optimize your site for search engine visibility
- Secure your site with Meteor's best practices
- Track the live status of your application, ensuring all errors have been taken care of
With the increasing interest in NodeJS web applications, a new framework, Meteor, has joined the ranks to simplify developer workflows. Meteor is one of the few open source frameworks that has received funding since its early development stages. It builds on ideas from existing frameworks and libraries, offering developers an easy way to develop a prototype app. At the same time, it gives them the tools and flexibility to build a fully fledged production app. Meteor is the weapon of choice for start-ups in today's world.
Meteor Design Patterns cuts through the jargon that most websites play with and gets to the point with simple solutions that will boost your development skills.
Throughout the book, you will put your skills to practice and build an online shop from scratch. By the end of the book, you will have built a feature-rich online shop.
Style and approach
The book is a practical handbook on how to build an e-commerce web app using Meteor. Every topic ties into the webapp to easily illustrate the concepts that you are learning about.