Get up and running with developing effective Hybrid Mobile Apps with Ionic
About This Book
- Develop engaging mobile experiences with a native-looking UI in Ionic and AngularJS
- Create an e-commerce mobile app using tutorials and code samples
Who This Book Is For
This book is ideal for any web developer who wants to enter into the world of mobile app development but has no clue where to start. Ionic is an ideal starting point and provides a smooth learning curve to help you build hybrid apps using web technologies and to develop native apps for iOS and Android, you do not need to know multiple languages. This book will also be useful for Hybrid App developers who have not found the perfect framework to ensure users get a rich experience from your apps.
What You Will Learn
- Get to know about Hybrid Apps and AngularJS
- Set up a development environment to build Hybrid Apps
- Navigate around the components and routing in Ionic
- Use different Ionic directives for a mobile-specific experience
- Integrate an Ionic App with backend web services
- Work with plugins to include native functionality in your hybrid apps
- Test your apps on real devices
- Build an e-commerce app for iOS and Android from scratch
Hybrid Apps are a promising choice in mobile app development to achieve cost effectiveness and rapid development. However, they were not preferred over native apps until few years back due to a poor performance and bad user experience, but everything has changed with the release of Ionic. It has evolved as the most popular choice for Hybrid Mobile App development as it tends to match the native experience and provides robust components/tools to build apps.
Getting Started with Ionic equips any web developer with the basic knowledge needed to use modern web technologies to build amazing hybrid mobile apps using Ionic.
This fast-paced, practical book explains all the important concepts of AngularJS and Cordova Framework required to develop apps, then gives you a brief introduction to hybrid mobile applications. It will guide you through setting up the environment to develop mobile apps, and through the multiple options and features available in Ionic so you can use them in your mobile apps. Features such as the Side Menu, Tabs, Touch Interactions, and native features such as Bar Code, Camera, and Geolocations are all covered.. Finally, we'll show you how to use Cordova plugins and publish your apps.
Style and approach
Getting started with Ionic is a compact, easy-to-follow guide to developing hybrid mobile apps using Ionic with real world examples of building an e-commerce app.