Over 100 hands-on recipes to quickly prepare LaTeX documents of various kinds to solve challenging tasks
About This Book
- Work with modern document classes, such as KOMA-Script classes
- Explore the latest LaTeX packages, including TikZ, pgfplots, and biblatex
- An example-driven approach to creating stunning graphics directly within LaTeX
Who This Book Is For
If you already know the basics of LaTeX and you like to get fast, efficient solutions, this is the perfect book for you. If you are an advanced reader, you can use this book's example-driven format to take your skillset to the next level. Some familiarity with the basic syntax of LaTeX and how to use the editor of your choice for compiling is required.
What You Will Learn
- Choose the right document class for your project to customize its features
- Utilize fonts globally and locally
- Frame, shape, arrange, and annotate images
- Add a bibliography, a glossary, and an index
- Create colorful graphics including diagrams, flow charts, bar charts, trees, plots in 2d and 3d, time lines, and mindmaps
- Solve typical tasks for various sciences including math, physics, chemistry, electrotechnics, and computer science
- Optimize PDF output and enrich it with meta data, annotations, popups, animations, and fill-in fields
- Explore the outstanding capabilities of the newest engines and formats such as XeLaTeX, LuaLaTeX, and LaTeX3
LaTeX is a high-quality typesetting software and is very popular, especially among scientists. Its programming language gives you full control over every aspect of your documents, no matter how complex they are. LaTeX's huge amount of customizable templates and supporting packages cover most aspects of writing with embedded typographic expertise.
With this book you will learn to leverage the capabilities of the latest document classes and explore the functionalities of the newest packages.
The book starts with examples of common document types. It provides you with samples for tuning text design, using fonts, embedding images, and creating legible tables. Common document parts such as the bibliography, glossary, and index are covered, with LaTeX's modern approach.
You will learn how to create excellent graphics directly within LaTeX, including diagrams and plots quickly and easily.
Finally, you will discover how to use the new engines XeTeX and LuaTeX for advanced programming and calculating with LaTeX.
The example-driven approach of this book is sure to increase your productivity.
Style and approach
This book guides you through the world of LaTeX based on over a hundred hands-on examples. These are explained in detail and are designed to take minimal time and to be self-compliant.