Become proficient in building PLC solutions in Integrated Architecture from the ground up using RSLogix 5000
About This Book
- Introduction to the Logix platform and Rockwell Automation terminology, with resources available online in the literature library
- Build real-world Rockwell Automation solutions using ControlLogix, CompactLogix, SoftLogix, RSLogix 5000, and Studio 5000
- Understand the various controllers and form factors available in the ControlLogix and CompactLogix platforms, and the recent changes under the new Studio 5000 Automation Engineering and Design software suite
Who This Book Is For
This book is for PLC programmers, electricians, instrumentation techs, automation professionals with basic PLC programming knowledge, but no knowledge of RSLogix 5000. If you are a student who is familiar with automation and would like to learn about RSLogix 5000 with minimal investment of time, this is the book for you.
What You Will Learn
- Briefly explore the history of Rockwell Automation and the evolution of the Logix platform
- Discover the complete range of ControlLogix and ComplactLogix controllers and form factors available today, and the key things you should consider when you are engineering a Rockwell Automation solution
- Explore the key platform changes introduced with Studio 5000 and Logix Designer version 24 and the latest firmware versions
- Get to grips with the modules available in the ControLogix, SoftLogix, and CompactLogix platforms
- Understand writing Ladder Logic (LL) routines, Sequential Function Chart (SFC) routines, and Structured Text routines (ST)
- Design Function Block Diagrams (FBD) and their easy integration with HMIs
RSLogix 5000 and Studio 5000's Logix Designer are user-friendly interfaces used for programming the current generation of Rockwell Automation Controllers including ControlLogix, CompactLogix, and SoftLogix. When engineering automation solutions using Logix, it is important to study the changes to the platform introduced with Studio 5000 and the various controllers, modules, and form factors available today. RSLogix 5000 programming packages help you maximize performance, save project development time, and improve productivity.
This book provides a detailed overview of the Logix platform including ControlLogix, CompactLogix, and SoftLogix and explains the significant changes introduced in Studio 5000. A clear understanding of the recent Logix platform changes is critical for anyone developing a Rockwell Automation solution. It provides an easy-to-follow, step-by-step approach to learning the essential Logix hardware and software components and provides beginners with a solid foundation in the Logix platform features and terminology. By the end of this book, you will have a clear understanding of the capabilities of the Logix platform and the ability to navigate the Rockwell Automation Literature Library Resources.
Style and approach
A step-by-step approach to RSLogix 5000, which is explained in an easy-to-follow style. Each topic is explained sequentially with detailed explanations of the basic and advanced features of Rockwell Automation that appeal to the needs of readers with a wide range of experience.