Pen test your system like a pro and overcome vulnerabilities by leveraging Python scripts, libraries, and tools
About This Book
- Learn to utilize your Python scripting skills to pentest a computer system, network, and web-application
- Get proficient at the art of assessing vulnerabilities by conducting effective penetration testing
- This is the ultimate guide that teaches you how to use Python to protect your systems against sophisticated cyber attacks
Who This Book Is For
This book is ideal for those who are comfortable with Python or a similar language and need no help with basic programming concepts, but want to understand the basics of penetration testing and the problems pentesters face.
What You Will Learn
- Write Scapy scripts to investigate network traffic
- Get to know application fingerprinting techniques with Python
- Understand the attack scripting techniques
- Write fuzzing tools with pentesting requirements
- Learn basic attack scripting methods
- Utilize cryptographic toolkits in Python
- Automate pentesting with Python tools and libraries
Penetration testing is a practice of testing a computer system, network, or web application to find weaknesses in security that an attacker can exploit. Effective Python Penetration Testing will help you utilize your Python scripting skills to safeguard your networks from cyberattacks.
We will begin by providing you with an overview of Python scripting and penetration testing. You will learn to analyze network traffic by writing Scapy scripts and will see how to fingerprint web applications with Python libraries such as ProxMon and Spynner.
Moving on, you will find out how to write basic attack scripts, and will develop debugging and reverse engineering skills with Python libraries. Toward the end of the book, you will discover how to utilize cryptography toolkits in Python and how to automate Python tools and libraries.
Style and approach
This is an expert's guide to Python with a practical based approach, where each chapter will help you improve your penetration testing skills using Python to become a master pen tester.