Learn how to deploy and configure all the available Citrix NetScaler features with the best practices and techniques you need to know
About This Book
- Implement and configure all the available NetScaler Application Delivery features and monitor NetScaler VPX performance in your environment
- Packed with real-word NetScaler deployment scenarios to help you see the configuration principles in action
- Integrate NetScaler with other Citrix technologies, including CloudBridge, Application Delivery Controller, HDX Insight, and Command Center
Who This Book Is For
If you're an administrator with prior experience using NetScaler then you have everything you need to make the most of this book.
What You Will Learn
- Configure the more commonly used NetScaler VPX features such as basic load balancing, authentication, NetScaler Gateway, and StoreFront
- Configure the AppExpert features such as Responder, Rewrite, AppExpert templates, parsing HTTP, TCP, and UDP data
- Integrate NetScaler with other Citrix technologies such as CloudBridge, Insight Center, and Command Center
- Optimize traffic using caching, front-end optimization, and compression
- Dive deep in the security, caching, and compression enhancements
- Protect your environment with AAA and Application Firewall, or from HTTP DDoS attacks
- Troubleshoot an environment using tools such as TaaS and WireShark
Citrix NetScaler is one of the best Application Delivery Controller products in the world. The Application Delivery Controllers are commonly used for load balancing purposes, to optimize traffic, and to perform extra security settings.
This book will give you an insight into all the available features that the Citrix NetScaler appliance has to offer. The book will start with the commonly used NetScaler VPX features, such as load balancing and NetScaler Gateway functionality. Next, we cover features such as Responder, Rewrite, and the AppExpert templates, and how to configure these features.
After that, you will learn more about the other available Citrix technologies that can interact with Citrix NetScaler. We also cover troubleshooting, optimizing traffic, caching, performing protection using Application Firewall, and denying HTTP DDoS attacks for web services.
Finally, we will demonstrate the different configuration principles real-world Citrix NetScaler deployment scenarios.
Style and approach
This easy-to-follow guide explains as much as possible about each feature and its configuration. Each topic is explained sequentially in the process of configuring and deploying the feature.