Create the perfectly customized system by unleashing the power of Android OS on your embedded device
About This Book
- Understand the system architecture and how the source code is organized
- Explore the power of Android and customize the build system
- Build a fully customized Android version as per your requirements
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Java programmer who wants to customize, build, and deploy your own Android version using embedded programming, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Master Android architecture and system design
- Obtain source code and understand the modular organization
- Customize and build your first system image for the Android emulator
- Level up and build your own Android system for a real-world device
- Use Android as a home automation and entertainment system
- Tailor your system with optimizations and add-ons
- Reach for the stars: look at the Internet of Things, entertainment, and domotics
Take a deep dive into the Android build system and its customization with Learning Embedded Android Programming, written to help you master the steep learning curve of working with embedded Android. Start by exploring the basics of Android OS, discover Google's “repo” system, and discover how to retrieve AOSP source code. You'll then find out to set up the build environment and the first AOSP system. Next, learn how to customize the boot sequence with a new animation, and use an Android “kitchen” to “cook” your custom ROM. By the end of the book, you'll be able to build customized Android open source projects by developing your own set of features.
Style and approach
This step-by-step guide is packed with various real-world examples to help you create a fully customized Android system with the most useful features available.