Unleash the power of computer vision with Python using OpenCV
About This Book
- Create impressive applications with OpenCV and Python
- Familiarize yourself with advanced machine learning concepts
- Harness the power of computer vision with this easy-to-follow guide
Who This Book Is For
Intended for novices to the world of OpenCV and computer vision, as well as OpenCV veterans that want to learn about what's new in OpenCV 3, this book is useful as a reference for experts and a training manual for beginners, or for anybody who wants to familiarize themselves with the concepts of object classification and detection in simple and understandable terms. Basic knowledge about Python and programming concepts is required, although the book has an easy learning curve both from a theoretical and coding point of view.
What You Will Learn
- Install and familiarize yourself with OpenCV 3's Python API
- Grasp the basics of image processing and video analysis
- Identify and recognize objects in images and videos
- Detect and recognize faces using OpenCV
- Train and use your own object classifiers
- Learn about machine learning concepts in a computer vision context
- Work with artificial neural networks using OpenCV
- Develop your own computer vision real-life application
OpenCV 3 is a state-of-the-art computer vision library that allows a great variety of image and video processing operations. Some of the more spectacular and futuristic features such as face recognition or object tracking are easily achievable with OpenCV 3. Learning the basic concepts behind computer vision algorithms, models, and OpenCV's API will enable the development of all sorts of real-world applications, including security and surveillance.
Starting with basic image processing operations, the book will take you through to advanced computer vision concepts. Computer vision is a rapidly evolving science whose applications in the real world are exploding, so this book will appeal to computer vision novices as well as experts of the subject wanting to learn the brand new OpenCV 3.0.0. You will build a theoretical foundation of image processing and video analysis, and progress to the concepts of classification through machine learning, acquiring the technical know-how that will allow you to create and use object detectors and classifiers, and even track objects in movies or video camera feeds. Finally, the journey will end in the world of artificial neural networks, along with the development of a hand-written digits recognition application.
Style and approach
This book is a comprehensive guide to the brand new OpenCV 3 with Python to develop real-life computer vision applications.