About This Book
- Discover how Node.js can transform the way you develop both the front and back ends - offering a much more modern and integrated form of web development
- Create, debug, and test a complete full-stack application using Node.js and other powerful tools
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Create and use an HTTP server using Express.js
- Configure environmental variables, arguments, and config files
- Use a Key/Value NoSQL database with Node to store data
- Create a client-side application using Node and Node.Webkit
- Debug applications using Node.Inspector
- Create a library that can be used in more than one project
- Install packages from NPM
You will also learn how to create a HTTP server from scratch, route requests, create a RESTful interface, and authenticate users. You will also learn to debug applications using Node.Inspector and the importance of logging, as well as creating a reusable library.Finally, you'll find out how to test and optimizr your code when working with Node.js using the Mocha framework. Follow each step and discover how to test both synchronous and asynchronous code using Mocha unit tests.
Style and approach
This concise guide will help you get up and running with Node.js. Packed with easy to followexamples, you'll be be able to build a complete full-stack application utilizing Node's capabilities.