Learn how to build physical computing systems using BeagleBone Black and Python
About This Book
- Get to grips with the fundamentals of BeagleBone
- Leverage Python scripts to program BeagleBone for your requirements
- Build four exciting projects, from home automation to a tele-controlled robot
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for hobbyists and consumers who wish to create impressive projects using BeagleBone. You must be familiar with Python programming.
What You Will Learn
- Program on BeagleBone Black using Python
- Interface sensors and actuators to BeagleBone Black
- Build your own real-time physical computing systems
- Connect physical computing systems to cloud servers
- Build your own home automation and home security system
- Build your own tele-controlled robot with real-time video streaming
BeagleBone is a low cost, community-supported development platform to develop a variety of electronic projects. This book will introduce you to BeagleBone and get you building fun, cool, and innovative projects with it. Start with the specifications of BeagleBone Black and its operating systems, then get to grips with the GPIOs available in BeagleBone Black. Work through four types of exciting projects: building real-time physical computing systems, home automation, image processing for a security system, and building your own tele-controlled robot and learn the fundamentals of a variety of projects in a single book.
By the end of this book, you will be able to write code for BeagleBone in order to operate hardware and impart decision-making capabilities with the help of efficient coding in Python.
Style and approach
This book is a step by step guide that will walk you through the fundamentals of building different projects using BeagleBone Black.