Unleash the true potential of Ubuntu Server in your production environment using this administration guide
About This Book
- Learn how to deploy and configure Ubuntu servers and work with cloud and hyper-visors
- Optimize network traffic to broadcast and multicast the traffic flow in OpenStack clouds
- Discover the essentials of the latest version of Ubuntu, which are good in both looks and performance, using this fast-paced guide
Who This Book Is For
This book is for system administrators who are familiar with the fundamentals of the Linux operating system and are looking for a fast-paced guide on Ubuntu, and those who are familiar with the older versions of Ubuntu and want to get up to scratch. Basic knowledge of Linux administration is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Install and set up Ubuntu Server in the shortest possible time, manually as well as in an automated way, for a single server or hundreds of servers
- Discover the fundamentals of the Ubuntu command-line interface
- Configure and administer Ubuntu Server using networking and CLI
- Deploy servers on Ubuntu in the simplest and fastest ways
- Enhance security within Ubuntu Server using tools such as firewalls, IDS, and IPS and procedures such as restore, rescue, and recovery
- Work with virtualization, clouds, and one of the best in open source cloud computing ?OpenStack
- Optimize CLI for grep and exec commands and gain some best tips and tricks for Ubuntu Server administration
Ubuntu is a Debian-based Linux operating system built on top of the Debian architecture. It is used to make operating systems for multiple platforms, including phones, desktops, TVs and mobiles. It has made some serious progress in the realms of efficiency and user friendliness.
With evolving technology trends, demands on software have changed, with more and more skilled users. Over the past few years, services such as Facebook, Twitter, and push notifications on smartphones mean that users are used to being up to date with everything that happens all the time. With SignalR, the applications stay connected and will generate notifications when something happens either from the system or by other users. This provides new opportunities for the system administrators, to enter this new and exciting world of real-time application development.
This is a concise and a cost-friendly guide, packed with up-to-date essentials on Ubuntu Server fundamentals.
It will guide you through deploying and configuring Ubuntu servers in your office environments. You'll start by installing Ubuntu Server, then move to the most useful aspect ?the command-line interface inside it. You'll extend your knowledge by learning how to administrate and configure Ubuntu Server. You will also see how to deploy services on Ubuntu Server and find out how to secure it. You'll get to grips with the virtualization and cloud computing facilities provided by Ubuntu, and finally, you'll gain some very useful tips.
Style and approach
This concise and easy-to-follow guide follows a step-by-step approach to help you master Ubuntu server, no matter what your level of expertise it. Each topic is explained sequentially with both essential information and whenever needed, in-depth references.