Develop an end-to-end, real-time e-commerce application using the MEAN stack
About This Book
- Build all the main components of an e-commerce website and extend its high-quality features as per your needs
- A step-by-step guide to developing the MEAN stack components from scratch to achieve maximum flexibility when building an e-commerce application
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Employ AngularJS to build responsive UI components
- Implement multiple authentication strategies such as OAuth, JsonWebToken, and Sessions
- Enhance website usability with social logins such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google
- Create integrations with payment platforms such as PayPal
- Apply full-text search functionality in MongoDB
- Build a flexible categorization system to organize your products
- Secure your app by creating SSL certificates and run payment platforms in a live environment
This book will show you how to create your own e-commerce application using the MEAN stack. It will take you step by step through the parallel process of learning and building. It will also teach you to develop a production-ready, high-quality e-commerce site from scratch and will provide the knowledge you need to extend your own features to the e-commerce site.
This book starts with a short introduction to the MEAN stack, followed by a step-by-step guide on how to build a store with AngularJS, set up a database with MongoDB, create a REST API, and wire AngularJS. It also shows you how to manage user authentication and authorization, check multiple payment platforms, add products' search and navigation, deploy a production-ready e-commerce site, and finally add your own high-quality feature to the site.
By the end of the book, you will be able to build and use your own e-commerce app in the real world and will also be able to add your own new features to it.
Style and approach
This book is a step-by-step guide on how to build a real-time e-commerce app with MEAN. Each transition is well explained, and each chapter begins with the required background knowledge.