Automating the Continuous Deployment Pipeline with Containerized Microservices
About This Book
- First principles of devops, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, microservices
- Architect your software in a better and more efficient way with microservices packed as immutable containers
- Practical guide describing an extremely modern and advanced devops toolchain that can be improved continuously
Who This Book Is For
If you are an intermediate-level developer who wants to master the whole microservices development and deployment lifecycle using some of the latest and greatest practices and tools, this is the book for you. Familiarity with the basics of Devops and Continuous Deployment will be useful.
What You Will Learn
- Get to grips with the fundamentals of Devops
- Architect efficient software in a better and more efficient way with the help of microservices
- Use Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Ubuntu, Docker Swarm and more
- Implement fast, reliable and continuous deployments with zero-downtime and ability to roll-back
- Learn about centralized logging and monitoring of your cluster
- Design self-healing systems capable of recovery from both hardware and software failures
Building a complete modern devops toolchain requires not only the whole microservices development and a complete deployment lifecycle, but also the latest and greatest practices and tools. Victor Farcic argues from first principles how to build a devops toolchain. This book shows you how to chain together Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Ubuntu, and other tools to build the complete devops toolkit.
Style and approach
This book follows a unique, hands-on approach familiarizing you to the Devops 2.0 toolkit in a very practical manner. Although there will be a lot of theory, you won't be able to complete this book by reading it in a metro on a way to work. You'll need to be in front of your computer and get your hands dirty.