Manage, analyze, and visualize data with Microsoft Excel 2013 to transform raw data into ready to use information
About This Book
- Create formulas to help you analyze and explain findings
- Develop interactive spreadsheets that will impress your audience and give them the ability to slice and dice data
- A step-by-step guide to learn various ways to model data for businesses with the help of Excel 2013
Who This Book Is For
If you want to start using Excel 2013 for data analysis and business modeling and enhance your skills in the data analysis life cycle then this book is for you, whether you're new to Excel or experienced.
What You Will Learn
- Discover what Excel formulas are all about and how to use them in your spreadsheet development
- Identify bad data and learn cleaning strategies
- Create interactive spreadsheets that engage and appeal to your audience
- Leverage Excel's powerful built-in tools to get the median, maximum, and minimum values of your data
- Build impressive tables and combine datasets using Excel's built-in functionality
- Learn the powerful scripting language VBA, allowing you to implement your own custom solutions with ease
Excel 2013 is one of the easiest to use data analysis tools you will ever come across. Its simplicity and powerful features has made it the go to tool for all your data needs. Complex operations with Excel, such as creating charts and graphs, visualization, and analyzing data make it a great tool for managers, data scientists, financial data analysts, and those who work closely with data. Learning data analysis and will help you bring your data skills to the next level.
This book starts by walking you through creating your own data and bringing data into Excel from various sources. You'll learn the basics of SQL syntax and how to connect it to a Microsoft SQL Server Database using Excel's data connection tools. You will discover how to spot bad data and strategies to clean that data to make it useful to you. Next, you'll learn to create custom columns, identify key metrics, and make decisions based on business rules. You'll create macros using VBA and use Excel 2013's shiny new macros. Finally, at the end of the book, you'll be provided with useful shortcuts and tips, enabling you to do efficient data analysis and business modeling with Excel 2013.
Style and approach
This is a step-by-step guide to performing data analysis and business modelling with Excel 2013, complete with examples and tips.