Deliver a better mobile user experience by improving and optimizing your website – follow these practical steps for cutting-edge application development
About This Book
- Optimize your website or application for an improved mobile performance
- Learn how to create lightweight, intuitive mobile UI and make sure it's supported by a robust application architecture
- Find out how to improve the performance of your applications by asking the right design questions at each stage in the development workflow
Who This Book Is For
This book has been created for web developers who want to optimize their website for today's mobile users. If you understand just how important user experience is, this book is for you – it will help you throughout the entire optimization process.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the three pillars of mobile performance
- Find out how to ask – and answer – crucial design questions such as mobile or responsive?'
- Monitor and debug your website with the leading browser testing tools
- Make third-party plugins your friend – avoid common issues and pitfalls
With users increasingly accessing the web on mobile devices, it's crucial to make sure your website is built to seamlessly fit this radical change in user behavior. Mobile Web Performance Optimization is designed to help you do exactly that – it's been created to help you build fast, and mobile-user-friendly websites and applications. Featuring guidance through a range of techniques and tools essential to modern mobile development, this accessible guide will make sure you're delivering a seamless and intuitive experience for your website's users.
Begin by exploring the fundamental components of mobile web design and website optimization, before learning how to put the concepts into practice. Featuring cross-platform solutions, insights on developing lightweight yet robust UI, and insights on how to successfully manage data, this application development book takes you through every stage in the development process – so you can be confident that you're asking the right questions and using the best tools in the most effective way.
By the end, you'll understand implicitly what it means to build for performance'- you'll be a more confident developer, capable of building projects that adapt to a changing world.
Style and approach
This book takes a step-by-step approach to mobile web optimization, explaining the topics in a conversational and easy-to-follow style. Each topic includes detailed explanations of the basic and advanced features of mobile web optimization.