Transform your WordPress website into a fully-featured e-commerce store with the power of WooCommerce
About This Book
- Offers do-it-yourself e-commerce solution using WordPress and WooCommerce
- Discover the new Onboarding wizard that makes complex processes user-friendly
- Manage your online store and expand its functions using plugins
Who This Book Is For
This book is suitable for everybody running their own WordPress website, such as small business owners and marketers. It has been written for users, not for programmers, who want to add e-commerce functionality to their existing WordPress website. The book will also appeal to Web design agencies working with WordPress and looking for ways to improve their services for clients working with WordPress.
What You Will Learn
- Use WooCommerce settings to set up the behavior of the online store
- Get familiar with the downloadable and variable products
- Set up shipping and payment methods
- Use discount coupons for marketing purposes
- Choose the right WooCommerce theme for your online store
- Customize your website using the Storefront theme as a base
- Handle orders, payments, and emails on a daily basis with ease
- Work with WooCommerce reporting possibilities
- Expanding your online store with the functionalities offered by WooCommerce
Building an online store is often considered to be a difficult, complex task. Using the combination of WordPress and the WooCommerce plugin, this is no longer the case. WooCommerce is the most popular e-commerce platform for WordPress and is being rapidly developed by WooThemes. It provides a strong e-commerce solution to set up your own online store in just a couple of hours.
This easy and practical book will help you make the most of WooCommerce to be able to set up and run your online store yourself. Installing WooCommerce is an easy task, but this book will explain in detail all the possible settings. After that you'll be adding products, different payment methods, and shipping solutions to your store. You will then customize your store by adding themes to change the look and feel. Once your store is running, you'll learn how to use discount coupons, process your orders, look at reports, and even expand the functionality further with additional plugins.
By the end of the book, you will learn everything you need to add a fully functional online store to you WordPress website and start running an online business.
Style and approach
This book is a practical, step-by-step guide that will help you manage your online store easily and efficiently, and expand its functions using the WooCommerce plug-in