Over 60 recipes that will tailor and customize your experience with Magento 2
About This Book
- Solve common problems encountered while extending your Magento 2 store to fit your business needs
- Delve into the exciting and enhanced features of Magento 2 such as customizing security permissions, intelligent filtered search options, easy third-party integration, among others
- Learn to build and maintain a Magento 2 shop via a visual-based page editor and customize the look and feel using Magento 2's offerings on the go
Who This Book Is For
This book is for every developer who has knowledge of PHP and wants to extend or customize the functionality of their Magento 2 system. If you have prior experience of the Magento platform, you will find this book useful in exploring the advanced features.
What You Will Learn
- Install a Magento 2 shop with sample data
- Upgrade the data in a Magento 1 shop to a Magento 2 shop
- Manage the look and feel of the shop with custom themes
- Extend the shop with custom functionality such as forms, grids, and more
- Accelerate your store with some performance tools
- Build and structure your own shipping module
- Test your shop with automated tests and manage your product display
With the challenges of growing an online business, Magento 2 is an open source e-commerce platform with innumerable functionalities that gives you the freedom to make on-the-fly decisions. It allows you to customize multiple levels of security permissions and enhance the look and feel of your website, and thus gives you a personalized experience in promoting your business.
Style and approach
This book is packed with a wide range of techniques to modify and extend the functionality of your online store. It contains easy-to-understand recipes starting with the basics and moving on to cover advanced topics. Many recipes work with code examples that can be downloaded from the book's website.