Master the art of building modern desktop applications on Windows
About This Book
- Learn how to use the MVVM software architectural pattern and see the benefits of using it with Windows Presentation Fountain (WPF)
- Explore various ways to enhance efficiency through performance tuning and UI automation
- Obtain a deep understanding of data validation and understand various methods that suit different situations
Who This Book Is For
This book is for working developers with a moderate level of knowledge about Windows Presentation Foundation. It will also be of special interest to ambitious individuals who want to know more about application architecture. It is also suitable for those who just want to learn how to build visually stunning user interfaces.
What You Will Learn
- Use MVVM to improve workflow
- Create visually stunning user interfaces
- Perform data binds proficiently
- Implement advanced data validation
- Locate and resolve errors quickly
- Master practical animations
- Improve your applications' performance
Windows Presentation Foundation is rich in possibilities when it comes to delivering an excellent user experience. This book will show you how to build professional-grade applications that look great and work smoothly.
We start by providing you with a foundation of knowledge to improve your workflow – this includes teaching you how to build the base layer of the application, which will support all that comes after it. We'll also cover the useful details of data binding. Next, we cover the user interface and show you how to get the most out of the built-in and custom WPF controls.
The final section of the book demonstrates ways to polish your applications, from adding practical animations and data validation to improving application performance. The book ends with a tutorial on how to deploy your applications and outlines potential ways to apply your new-found knowledge so you can put it to use right away.
Style and approach
Filled with intriguing and practical examples, this book delineates concepts that will help you take your WPF skills to the next level.