Leverage the full potential of Entity Framework with this collection of powerful and easy-to-follow recipes
About This Book
- Learn how to use the new features of Entity Framework Core 1
- Improve your queries by leveraging some of the advanced features
- Avoid common pitfalls
- Make the best of your .NET APIs by integrating with Entity Framework
Who This Book Is For
This book is for .NET developers who work with relational databases on a daily basis and understand the basics of Entity Framework, but now want to use it in a more efficient manner. You are expected to have some prior knowledge of Entity Framework.
What You Will Learn
- Master the technique of using sequence key generators
- Validate groups of entities that are to be saved / updated
- Improve MVC applications that cover applications developed using ASP.NET MVC Core 1
- Retrieve database information (table, column names, and so on) for entities
- Discover optimistic concurrency control and pessimistic concurrency control.
- Implement Multilatency on the data side of things.
- Enhance the performance and/or scalability of Entity Framework Core
- Explore and overcome the pitfalls of Entity Framework Core
Entity Framework is a highly recommended Object Relation Mapping tool used to build complex systems. In order to survive in this growing market, the knowledge of a framework that helps provide easy access to databases, that is, Entity Framework has become a necessity. This book will provide .NET developers with this knowledge and guide them through working efficiently with data using Entity Framework Core.
You will start off by learning how to efficiently use Entity Framework in practical situations. You will gain a deep understanding of mapping properties and find out how to handle validation in Entity Framework. The book will then explain how to work with transactions and stored procedures along with improving Entity Framework using query libraries. Moving on, you will learn to improve complex query scenarios and implement transaction and concurrency control. You will then be taught to improve and develop Entity Framework in complex business scenarios. With the concluding chapter on performance and scalability, this book will get you ready to use Entity Framework proficiently.
Style and approach
Filled with rich code-based examples, this book takes a recipe-based approach that will teach .NET developers to improve their understanding of Entity Framework and help them effortlessly apply this knowledge in everyday situations.