About This Book
- Move your project code from the Arduino Uno to a multitude of other robotics platforms
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Familiarise yourself with Johnny-Five Read, Eval, and Print Loop (REPL) to modify and debug robotics code in real time
- Build robots with basic output devices to create projects that light up, make noise, and more
- Create projects with complex output devices, and employ the Johnny-Five API to simplify the use of components that require complex interfaces, such as I2C
- Make use of sensors and input devices to allow your robotics projects to survey the world around them and accept input from users
- Use the Sensor and Motor objects to make it much easier to move your robotics projects
- Learn about the Animation API that will allow you to program complex movements using timing and key frames
- Bring in other devices to your Johnny-Five projects, such as USB devices and remotes
- Connect your Johnny-Five projects to external APIs and create your own Internet of Things!
You'll learn about various components such as Digital GPIO pins, PWM output pins, Sensors, servos, and motors to be used with Johnny-Five along with some advanced components such as I2C, and SPI. You will learn to connect your Johnny-Five robots to internet services and other NodeBots to form networks. By the end of this book, you will have explored the benefits of the Johnny-Five framework and the many devices it unlocks.
Style and approach
This step-by-step guide to the Johnny-Five ecosystem is explained in a conversational style, packed with examples and tips. Each chapter also explores the Johnny-Five documentation to enable you to start exploring the API on your own.