Harness the power of Hyper-V 2016 to build high-performance infrastructures that suit your needs
About This Book
- Design and build a reliable and efficient Hyper-V infrastructure.
- Fine-tune your Hyper-V performance by adopting network and storage best practices.
- Manage, monitor, and protect your workloads with System Center and Microsoft Azure.
Who This Book Is For
If you are working with Hyper-V and want to optimize its performance and effectiveness, this book is for you. This book will help you close the gap between the Hyper-V lab and production environments.
What You Will Learn
- Automate and accelerate the deployment of Hyper-V host and nano servers
- Create high availability solutions using failover clustering
- Design redundant solutions with Hyper-V Replica
- Protect your workloads by making a backup or learning disaster recovery
- Use the best practices of network and storage
- Master the performance and scalability of storage virtualization
- Migrate your existing virtualization workloads to Hyper-V2016
- Manage your Hyper-V stack with System Center and Azure
- Bridge the gap between the Hyper-V lab and production environment
Hyper-V Server and Windows Server 2016 with Hyper-V provide best-in-class virtualization capabilities. Hyper-V is a Windows-based, very cost-effective virtualization solution with easy-to-use and well-known administrative consoles.
This book will assist you in designing, implementing, and managing highly effective and highly available Hyper-V infrastructures. With an example-oriented approach, this book covers all the different tips and suggestions to configure Hyper-V and provides readers with real-world proven solutions.
This book begins by deploying single clusters of High Availability Hyper-V systems including the new Nano Server. This is followed by steps to configure the Hyper-V infrastructure components such as storage and network. It also touches on necessary processes such as backup and disaster recovery for optimal configuration. The book does not only show you what to do and how to plan the different scenarios, but it also provides in-depth configuration options. These scalable and automated configurations are then optimized via performance tuning and central management ensuring your applications are always the best they can be.
Style and approach
This book covers Hyper-V best practices in a step-by-step manner with clear and concise examples.