Learn how to build complex virtual architectures that allow you to perform virtually any required testing methodology and perfect it
About This Book
- Explore and build intricate architectures that allow you to emulate an enterprise network
- Test and enhance your security skills against complex and hardened virtual architecture
- Learn methods to bypass common enterprise defenses and leverage them to test the most secure environments.
Who This Book Is For
While the book targets advanced penetration testing, the process is systematic and as such will provide even beginners with a solid methodology and approach to testing.
You are expected to have network and security knowledge. The book is intended for anyone who wants to build and enhance their existing professional security and penetration testing methods and skills.
What You Will Learn
- Learning proven security testing and penetration testing techniques
- Building multi-layered complex architectures to test the latest network designs
- Applying a professional testing methodology
- Determining whether there are filters between you and the target and how to penetrate them
- Deploying and finding weaknesses in common firewall architectures.
- Learning advanced techniques to deploy against hardened environments
- Learning methods to circumvent endpoint protection controls
Security flaws and new hacking techniques emerge overnight – security professionals need to make sure they always have a way to keep . With this practical guide, learn how to build your own virtual pentesting lab environments to practice and develop your security skills. Create challenging environments to test your abilities, and overcome them with proven processes and methodologies used by global penetration testing teams.
Get to grips with the techniques needed to build complete virtual machines perfect for pentest training. Construct and attack layered architectures, and plan specific attacks based on the platforms you're going up against. Find new vulnerabilities for different kinds of systems and networks, and what these mean for your clients.
Driven by a proven penetration testing methodology that has trained thousands of testers, Building Virtual Labs for Advanced Penetration Testing, Second Edition will prepare you for participation in professional security teams.
Style and approach
The book is written in an easy-to-follow format that provides a step–by-step, process-centric approach. Additionally, there are numerous hands-on examples and additional references for readers who might want to learn even more. The process developed throughout the book has been used to train and build teams all around the world as professional security and penetration testers.