Build effective applications by applying Odoo development best practices
About This Book
- Each recipe stands by itself as much as possible, so that you can jump straight into the topics you prefer
- The recipes included cover all the major development areas of Odoo and the most important techniques explained through real-life projects
- From seasoned authors, learn the tricks of becoming a productive developer with the Odoo framework
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Install and manage Odoo environments and instances
- Use Models to define your application's data structures
- Add business logic to your applications
- Implement automated tests and debug Odoo apps
- Use back-end views to create a user interface
- Get to know about the access security model and internationalization features
- Develop front-end website features
- Extend the web client with new widgets and features
Odoo is a full-featured open source ERP with a focus on extensibility. The flexibility and sustainability of open source is also a key selling point of Odoo. It is built on a powerful framework for rapid application development, both for back-end applications and front-end websites.
The book starts by covering Odoo installation and administration, and provides a gentle introduction to application development. It then dives deep into several of the areas that an experienced developer will need to use. You'll learn implement business logic, adapt the UI, and extend existing features.
Style and Approach
These practical and easy-to-follow recipes are presented step-by-step, with dozens of hands-on recipes to boost your Odoo skills. This book can also be used as a reference guide for your daily work.