Save time and resources by getting to know the best practices and intelligence from industry experts
About This Book
- This book helps you gain a fresh perspective through a recipe-based approach on the new Microsoft Server 2016 Hyper-V
- Over 80 recipes to help you master the administrative tasks of Hyper-V and get to grips with advanced solutions and techniques for virtualization
- These hands-on advanced recipes will help you deploy, maintain, and upgrade Hyper-V virtual machines
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Hyper-V administrators who are looking to take advantage of all exciting new features that Microsoft Server 2016 Hyper-V has to offer.
What You Will Learn
- Install and manage Hyper-V in Full, Server Core, and Nano Server
- Get to know how to migrate and upgrade physical and virtual machines
- Configure disks, network, memory, security, and auditing settings for virtual machines
- Take a deep dive into high availability and disaster recovery
- Save time and money by getting to grips with PowerShell automation
- Understand the new features around network and nested virtualization, distributed storage QoS, Hyper-V Replica, and much more
- Gain a full view of your virtual machines and host servers through monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting tips
Hyper-V is a Windows-based, very cost-effective virtualization solution with easy-to-use and well-known administrative consoles.
With this book on your side you will master the worlds of Hyper-V deployment, migration, and management by learning tips, tricks, and best practices, especially when it comes to advanced-level tasks.
You will learn how to quickly deploy and automate multiple VMs, and support Hyper-V clusters through different installation methods. You will learn the concepts efficiently with the help of up-to-date real-world examples and improve the scalability and efficiency of large-scale VM deployments with Nano Server.
By the end of this book, you will be an ace Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V with the skills needed to administer and manage it effectively and survive in the brave new world of mobile-first, cloud-first. Further, take advantage of bonus appendix explaining Hyper-V and backup architecture and the difference between versions.
Style and approach
This advanced-level book provides step-by-step recipes on real-world examples so you can get practical, hands-on experience of the subjects.