Deliver applications to virtual desktop environments in seconds and at scale with the click of a button
About This Book
- Learn how can you deliver a great user experience and drive down storage and management costs
- Discover hidden gems to deliver applications to virtual desktop environments in seconds
- This book will help you fully utilize the true potential of VMware App Volumes and design and build a complete production environment
Who This Book Is For
This book is for administrators and IT teams who would like to take full advantage of App Volumes to deal with application workloads. It will also be useful for virtualization professionals and teams who are working on VDI deployments and VMware end user computing solutions.
What You Will Learn
- Find out how the VMware App Volumes solution can enhance the management and delivery of applications in your desktop environment
- Design a real-life App Volumes solution using best practices and following the recommended sizing guides
- Install, configure, and deploy App Volumes so it is ready to start delivering applications
- Create and prepare applications ready to be delivered to end users
- Discover how App Volumes can enhance other desktop solutions by looking at how it integrates with VMware Horizon View, VMware ThinApp, RDSH, and Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp
- Understand how to configure the advanced options within App Volumes
App Volumes provides a virtualized, real-time application delivery engine for virtual desktop infrastructure and is designed to enable VDI deployments to ensure greater flexibility, agility, and cost reduction.
This book starts with an in-depth overview of the architecture and components used to design an optimized solution. We then show you how to install and configure App Volumes for different use cases such as VMware View integration, using VMware ThinApp, Citrix XenApp, and more.
Throughout the chapters, we provide hints, tips, and tricks as well as best practices. By the end of the book, you will have built a working App Volumes environment and acquired the skills to build and run a production environment.
Style and approach
This book comprises of the theoretical explanations that will help you perform a complete App Volumes deployment through step-by-step instructions