Design, build, and create your own applications using the full range of features available in Android 6
About This Book
- Learn how to utilize the robust features of Android 6 to design, develop, and publish better Android applications
- Get useful guidance on creating new apps or migrating existing apps to support features such as app permissions, app links, fingerprint authentication, etc
- A fast paced guide, packed with hands-on examples that ties all the features such as API, audio, video, camera, tab customization together under a single cover
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Android developers who are looking to move their applications into the next Android version with ease.
What You Will Learn
- Familiarize yourself with the features of Android 6
- Code with the new Android permissions model
- Use apps auto backup and restore lost data automatically
- Increase user engagement with apps through an assistant using triggers and providing contextual assistance
- Assess and handle proper usage of the API
- Work with Audio, Video,Camera in Android 6
- Utilize the new features in Android for professional purposes
- Understand and code Chrome's custom tabs
Android 6 is the latest and greatest version of the Android operating system, and comes packed with cutting edge new features for you to harness for the benefit of building better applications.
This step-by-step guide will take you through the basics of the Android Marshmallow permissions model and beyond into other crucial areas such as the Audio,Video,Camera API and Android's at work features. Learn how to create, deploy, and manage Android applications with Marshmallow's API and the latest functionalities.
The combination of instructions and real-world examples will make your application deployment and testing a breeze.
Style and approach
This easy-to-follow, step-by-step tutorial provides explanations and examples to add the new Android 6 features to your skill set. Each chapter provides sequential steps and detailed information about the API, as well as best practices and testing options.