Design, build, and automate 10 real-world OpenStack administrative tasks with Ansible
About This Book
- Automate real-world OpenStack cloud operator administrative tasks
- Construct a collection of automation code to save time on managing your OpenStack cloud
- Use this step-by-step tutorial to automate such tasks with Ansible
Who This Book Is For
If you are an OpenStack-based cloud operator and/or infrastructure administrator and are interested in automating administrative functions, then this book is exactly what you are looking for. Having a functioning OpenStack environment is helpful, but most certainly not necessary.
What You Will Learn
- Efficiently execute OpenStack administrative tasks
- Familiarize yourself with how Ansible works and assess the defined best practices
- Create Ansible playbooks and roles
- Automate tasks to customize your OpenStack cloud
- Review OpenStack automation considerations when automating administrative tasks
- Examine and automate advanced OpenStack tasks and designated use cases
- Get a high-level overview of OpenStack and the current production-ready projects
- Deep dive into OpenStack CLI tools and find out how to use them
Most organizations are seeking methods to improve business agility because they have realized just having a cloud is not enough. Being able to improve application deployments, reduce infrastructure downtime, and eliminate daily manual tasks can only be accomplished through some sort of automation.
Packed with real-world OpenStack administrative tasks, this book will walk you through working examples and explain how these tasks can be automated using one of the most popular open source automation tools?Ansible.
We will start with a brief overview of OpenStack and Ansible and highlight some best practices. Each chapter will provide an introduction to handling various Cloud Operator administration tasks such as creating multiple users/tenants, setting up Multi-Tenant Isolation, customizing your clouds quotas, taking instance snapshots, evacuating compute hosts for maintenance, and running cloud health checks, and a step-by-step tutorial on how to automate these tasks with Ansible.
Style and approach
This easy-to-follow reference guide is packed with examples of real-world OpenStack administration tasks; each task is explained in detail and then subsequently turned into automation code.