A handy reference guide for data analysts and data scientists to help to obtain value from big data analytics using Spark on Hadoop clusters
About This Book
- This book is based on the latest 2.0 version of Apache Spark and 2.7 version of Hadoop integrated with most commonly used tools.
- Learn all Spark stack components including latest topics such as DataFrames, DataSets, GraphFrames, Structured Streaming, DataFrame based ML Pipelines and SparkR.
- Integrations with frameworks such as HDFS, YARN and tools such as Jupyter, Zeppelin, NiFi, Mahout, HBase Spark Connector, GraphFrames, H2O and Hivemall.
Who This Book Is For
Though this book is primarily aimed at data analysts and data scientists, it will also help architects, programmers, and practitioners. Knowledge of either Spark or Hadoop would be beneficial. It is assumed that you have basic programming background in Scala, Python, SQL, or R programming with basic Linux experience. Working experience within big data environments is not mandatory.
What You Will Learn
- Find out and implement the tools and techniques of big data analytics using Spark on Hadoop clusters with wide variety of tools used with Spark and Hadoop
- Understand all the Hadoop and Spark ecosystem components
- Get to know all the Spark components: Spark Core, Spark SQL, DataFrames, DataSets, Conventional and Structured Streaming, MLLib, ML Pipelines and Graphx
- See batch and real-time data analytics using Spark Core, Spark SQL, and Conventional and Structured Streaming
- Get to grips with data science and machine learning using MLLib, ML Pipelines, H2O, Hivemall, Graphx, SparkR and Hivemall.
Big Data Analytics book aims at providing the fundamentals of Apache Spark and Hadoop. All Spark components – Spark Core, Spark SQL, DataFrames, Data sets, Conventional Streaming, Structured Streaming, MLlib, Graphx and Hadoop core components – HDFS, MapReduce and Yarn are explored in greater depth with implementation examples on Spark + Hadoop clusters.
It is moving away from MapReduce to Spark. So, advantages of Spark over MapReduce are explained at great depth to reap benefits of in-memory speeds. DataFrames API, Data Sources API and new Data set API are explained for building Big Data analytical applications. Real-time data analytics using Spark Streaming with Apache Kafka and HBase is covered to help building streaming applications. New Structured streaming concept is explained with an IOT (Internet of Things) use case. Machine learning techniques are covered using MLLib, ML Pipelines and SparkR and Graph Analytics are covered with GraphX and GraphFrames components of Spark.
Readers will also get an opportunity to get started with web based notebooks such as Jupyter, Apache Zeppelin and data flow tool Apache NiFi to analyze and visualize data.
Style and approach
This step-by-step pragmatic guide will make life easy no matter what your level of experience. You will deep dive into Apache Spark on Hadoop clusters through ample exciting real-life examples. Practical tutorial explains data science in simple terms to help programmers and data analysts get started with Data Science