Learn and explore the fundamentals of data analysis with power of Mathematica
About This Book
- Use the power of Mathematica to analyze data in your applications
- Discover the capabilities of data classification and pattern recognition offered by Mathematica
- Use hundreds of algorithms for time series analysis to predict the future
Who This Book Is For
The book is for those who want to learn to use the power of Mathematica to analyze and process data. Perhaps you are already familiar with data analysis but have never used Mathematica, or you know Mathematica but you are new to data analysis. With the help of this book, you will be able to quickly catch up on the key points for a successful start.
What You Will Learn
- Import data from different sources to Mathematica
- Link external libraries with programs written in Mathematica
- Classify data and partition them into clusters
- Recognize faces, objects, text, and barcodes
- Use Mathematica functions for time series analysis
- Use algorithms for statistical data processing
- Predict the result based on the observations
There are many algorithms for data analysis and it's not always possible to quickly choose the best one for each case. Implementation of the algorithms takes a lot of time. With the help of Mathematica, you can quickly get a result from the use of a particular method, because this system contains almost all the known algorithms for data analysis.
If you are not a programmer but you need to analyze data, this book will show you the capabilities of Mathematica when just few strings of intelligible code help to solve huge tasks from statistical issues to pattern recognition. If you're a programmer, with the help of this book, you will learn how to use the library of algorithms implemented in Mathematica in your programs, as well as how to write algorithm testing procedure.
With each chapter, you'll be more immersed in the special world of Mathematica. Along with intuitive queries for data processing, we will highlight the nuances and features of this system, allowing you to build effective analysis systems.
With the help of this book, you will learn how to optimize the computations by combining your libraries with the Mathematica kernel.
Style and approach
This book takes a step-by-step approach, accompanied by examples, so you get a better understanding of the logic of writing algorithms for data analysis in Mathematica. We provide a detailed explanation of all the nuances of the Mathematica language, no matter what your level of experience is.