About This Book
- Learn to design and build a fully-featured application using the newest cutting-edge framework from Facebook
- Develop custom UI components, implement smooth navigation, and access native features such as geolocation and local storage
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Set up the React Native environment on both devices and emulators
- Gain an in-depth understanding of how React Native works behind the scenes
- Write your own custom native UI components
- Learn the ins and outs of screen navigation
- Master the art of layout and styles
- Work with device-exclusive data such as geolocation
- Test and deploy your application for a production-ready environment
Web developers who want to develop native mobile applications face a high barrier to entry, because they are forced to learn platform-specific languages and frameworks. Numerous hybrid technologies have tried to simplify this process, but have failed to achieve the performance and appearance that users expect.
This book will show you all the advantages of true native development that React Native has without the steep learning curve, leveraging the knowledge you already have. We do this by getting you up and running quickly with a sample application. Next, we'll introduce you to the fundamentals of creating components and explain how React Native works under the hood. Once you have established a solid foundation, you will dive headfirst into developing a real-world application from start to finish. Along the way, we will demonstrate how to create multiple screens and navigate between them,use layout and style native UI components, and access native APIs such as local storage and geolocation. Finally, we tackle the advanced topic of Native modules, which demonstrates that there are truly no limits to what you can do with React Native.
Style and approach