Over 60 recipes to help you create professional and exquisite UIs to make your games more immersive
About This Book
- Design and develop interactive and professional user interfaces (UIs) for games in Unity
- Discover how to implement and deal with various in-game UI elements that will impress your players
- This practical recipe guide will help you to efficiently create powerful and remarkable UIs using C# code
Who This Book Is For
If you are a game developer with some experience in Unity and C# and want to create the best interactive experience fast and intuitively, then this book is for you. If you are an intermediate game developer or an expert, these recipes will help you bring out the power of the new UI Unity system.
What You Will Learn
- Implement different kinds of counters and healthbars
- Deal with timers and find out how to format them
- Animate and vivify UI elements
- Handle runtime customizations
- Add complex Head-up displays (HUDs)
- Design and implement 3D UIs
- Integrate minimaps in the UI
With the increasing interest in game development, it's essential to design and implement a UI that reflects the game settings and shows the right information to the player. The Unity system is used to create complex and aesthetically pleasing user interfaces in order to give a professional look and feel to a game. Although the new Unity UI system is powerful and quite easy to use, by integrating it with C# scripts, it's possible to realize the potential of this system and bring an impressive UI to games.
This guide is an invaluable collection of recipes if you are planning to use Unity to develop a game. Starting with the basic concepts of the UI components, we'll take you all the way through to creating complex interfaces by including animations and dynamics elements.
Based on real-world problems, these recipes will start by showing you how to make common UI elements such as counters and healthbars. You will then get a walkthrough of how to manage time using timers, and will learn how to format them. You will move on to decorating and animating the UI elements to vivify them and give them a professional touch. Furthermore, you will be guided into the 3D UI world and into HUD scripting. Finally, you will discover how to implement complex minimaps in the interface.
Style and approach
Interactive, easy-to-follow recipes will help you create and implement UIs that make gaming an exhilarating experience.