Discover exciting and fun projects by building brilliant applications for the Apple Watch
About This Book
- Explore the opportunities opened up to developers by Apple's latest device: the Apple Watch
- Be a crackerjack at developing software across a broad range of watch app categories
- From an eminent author, master all stages of development, from the first stage through to a completed project
Who This Book Is For
If you have some basic knowledge of programming in Swift and are looking for the best way to get started with Apple Watch development, this book is just the right one for you!
What You Will Learn
- Understand the concept of the Apple Watch as an autonomous device as well as it being paired with the iPhone
- Get your app up and running
- Design exciting, inspiring, and attractive layouts for your apps
- Make your user interface more engaging using images and animation
- Enable your Watch and iPhone apps to transport and share data
- Leverage the feature-rich set of WatchKit technologies provided by Apple
- Connect your apps to the Internet
- Submit your app to the App Store
With Apple's eagerly anticipated entry into the wearable arena, the field is wide open for a new era of app development. The Apple Watch is one of the most important technologies of our time.
This easy-to-understand book takes beginners on a delightful journey of discovering the features available to the developer, right up to the completion of medium-level projects ready for App Store submission. It provides the fastest way to develop real-world apps for the Apple Watch by teaching you the concepts of Watch UI, visual haptic and audio, message and data exchange between watch and phone, Web communication, and finally Visual, haptic as well as audio feedback for users.
By the end of this book, you will have developed at least four fully functioning apps for deployment on watchOS 2.
Style and approach
This is a step-by-step guide to developing apps for the Apple Watch with the help of screenshots and fully coded working examples.