Master the art of agile single page web application development with ClojureScript
About This Book
- Set up interactive development workflows for the browser or Node.js thanks to the ClojureScript ecosystem
- Learn the basics of interactive single page web app development taking advantage of the functional nature of ClojureScript
- Delve into advanced rich web application development concepts such as Om, along with core.async, using zippers and logic programming, and preparing code for production with testing or optimizing via the Google Closure Compiler
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Understand how the ClojureScript compiler operates
- Set up interactive development workflows for ClojureScript
- Grasp the basics of the ClojureScript language, including basic syntax, data structures, variable scoping, namespaces, and finally the powerful sequence abstraction
- Delve into advanced concepts such as functional programming, macro writing, asynchronous programming, app routing, and real-time web
- Develop simple one page web applications
- Explore techniques to make your web apps aware of the external world through external or embedded database access or Oauth 2 integration
- Learn more advanced ClojureScript concepts like in app routing, real-time web
- Prepare your work for production, getting insights into optional type-checking, writing portable Clojure/ClojureScript code, and testing
Clojure is an expressive language that makes it possible to easily tackle complex software development challenges. Its bias toward interactive development has made it a powerful tool, enabling high developer productivity.
In this book, you will first learn how to construct an interactive development experience for ClojureScript.. You will be guided through ClojureScript language concepts, looking at the basics first, then being introduced to advanced concepts such as functional programming or macro writing. After that, we elaborate on the subject of single page web applications, showcasing how to build a simple one, then covering different possible enhancements. We move on to study more advanced ClojureScript concepts, where you will be shown how to address some complex algorithmic cases. Finally, you'll learn about optional type-checking for your programs, how you can write portable code, test it, and put the advanced compilation mode of the Google Closure Compiler to good use.
Style and approach
This book is a comprehensive reference guide on ClojureScript development for the front end, and will gradually help you master interactive ClojureScript development workflows, through detailed step-by-step information illustrated with annotated code samples.