Demystify application development on cloud platform by leveraging the power of IBM Bluemix
About This Book
- The first book in the market that discusses the power of IBM Bluemix
- Shows developers how to develop and deploy applications on the cloud platform using IBM Bluemix
- A comprehensive guide to help you get started with IBM Bluemix also featuring samples applications
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed at developers seeking to learn application development and deployment methods on IBM Bluemix. A basic knowledge of Java and Node.js is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Discover IBM Bluemix as a PaaS platform and learn about its three delivery models
- Develop and deploy a "Hello World" application on IBM Bluemix using the Cloud Foundry command line utility and the Bluemix console
- Extend your application by using the API or services provided by IBM Bluemix
- Understand microservices architecture and learn how to develop a sample application based on microservices architecture, using IBM Bluemix
- Learn how to leverage on-premise software and build an application on IBM Bluemix
- Scale and monitor an application on IBM Bluemix
- Explore the compute options on IBM Bluemix and work with each of them
- Build a mobile client application using Mobile services on IBM Bluemix
IBM Bluemix is an open standard platform for building, running, and managing applications on the cloud. With Bluemix, developers can build innovative applications using various compute options and value added services , developers can also manage the application lifecycle using the platform provided DevOps services.
Learning IBM Bluemix will take you on a journey from the basics of IBM Bluemix to working with the platform to developing and deploying of modern applications. The sample application use cases employed in the book will introduce you to the transformative nexus of cloud, mobile, and security, all enabled through capabilities provided out-of-the-box by IBM Bluemix.
By the end of the book, you will have understood the benefits and use cases for IBM Bluemix, and will possess the skills to further explore the platform and thus develop, deploy, and secure your own innovative, new-age applications.
Style and approach
This comprehensive, step-by-step guide to learning IBM Bluemix will cover everything that is required to build, deploy, manage, and secure an application on the cloud.